Monday, April 11, 2011

My Descent into Cat-Lady-Ism

I've always been an animal person.  Growing up, I had cats, dogs, iguanas, turtles, tortoises, hamsters, rats, lizards, you name it.  And never just one at a time, we're talking a minimum of 5 animals at all times (in different combinations of species as they died, of course).  So I am used to having a lot of animals around.  I think the most we had at one time was 3 cats, a dog, 5 desert tortoises, some giant koi, a water turtle and a few frogs in our atrium.

And then I moved out, taking the newest kitten with me.  You all know her as Large Cat.

Meet Bella:


I chose the above picture because it's very flattering.  And she looks thin.  Here she is in all her fat glory.



Here is Bella the Hut.  She's about 4 now.  And no, I didn't name her after that damn Twilight series.  She's also in love with my boyfriend.  And the feeling is mutual.



Then one day last fall I fell in love with this little monster.

This is Zoey:



(Also known as Special Cat.)


()


After a brief mental battle where I deliberated if I could handle 2 cats on my own, I took her home.  And though she wasn't pumped at first, now Bella has a friend.


Special Cat--><--Large Cat

And now Zoey is all grown up.




Which brings us up to date.  Because now there is another kitten.  That I desperately want...but as I said in a previous post, I know this pushes the boundaries of crazy cat lady.  So I am torn.  And I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  Because look at this face!



Boyfriend is on board although he is trying to be tough because I am sure he doesn't want to be swimming in cats for the next 20 years.

And I already have a name for him.  He's not mine yet, but the battle within me is raging.  So we'll see who wins.  Will it be the Cat Lady in me?  Or the part of me that doesn't want to die alone and have my cats eat me before anyone can find me?


Noooo oooone knoooows.....

No comments:

Post a Comment