Monday, January 10, 2011

Ghosts? No Thanks.

Ghosts freak me out.  There is no way around it.  Last night I was reminded of how terrified I am at even the idea that they might exist and be able to communicate with or, in my case, scare the hell out of the living world. 

I actually think I had multiple experiences with some type of spirit/ghost/freaky shit while living at my parents' for the first 24 years of my life.  Especially in my twenties, I would sometimes wake up to a feeling of intense pressure, like something was pushing down on my chest- one night particularly more intense than all the others.  I could never see anything, but I knew I was awake and I know something did go down in that room.  Strangely enough, once I started talking about it to people, it pretty much stopped.  But any part of me that wants to pretend that there is nothing out there, secretly believes that's probably not true.

A little back story, my grandma passed away just over a year ago.  We were extremely close and her absence has left a gaping hole in my life. 

That being said: There is NO part of me that wants her to make herself known to me from beyond the grave if she is lingering around and keeping a figurative 'eye' on our family.

My mother however, does not feel the same.  If there is any way she can communicate with my grandma, she will figure it out.  She has even resorted to seeing a psychic, who incorrectly claimed I was pregnant (I was/am not).

Last night I had dinner with my family.  After dinner we decided to play a game that we all used to play with my grandma.  All was going well, until my mother looked up at the lamps above the counter and to my horror said, "Mom, if you're here, make the lamps move!" 

....

I could have killed her (::inappropriate rimshot::).  The rest of the night consisted of her creepily looking towards the lamps, waiting for something to happen, and me either pretending that wasn't happening, or yelling at my mom for envoking my dead grandmother's spirit right in front of me. 

Thank God, nothing happened.  Grandma, if you're out there, I love you more than you will ever know, but please, please, please, please, do NOT appear to me as a ghost or do anything creepy.


I miss you grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment